Monday 16 January 2012

He never promised it would be easy... just that He would be Faithful

So, friends - are you like me? Do you forget that He never promised it would be easy? 

I think that I can get so "American-ized" in my view of the Godhead (Father,Son Holy Spirit) that I think that if I'm walking in obedience, that everything should just be "blessed"...meaning I get what I want, when I want and nothing is ever difficult.

I don't mean to slight my American brothers, it's just a predominant message that seems to come across in the US Christian culture.  However, here in Canada, I'm sure what the predominant "Christian" message is. I don't know... "be nice"?
Anyway, somewhere along the line I picked up the notion that Jesus would make my life here on earth easy, drama free, pain free and well... "blessed" {meaning I get what I want when i want it with little to no effort or patience}

That's not to say that He doesn't do those things.  He totally does!

 I just think that too often people go through a really hard time and think that they have left God's path.  "If I was walking with God/if God was walking with me, it wouldn't be so hard."

Tell me friend.  Where does HE ever promise that in Scripture?  If you can find it please correct me.  I find more passages talking about going through hard times WITH Him being faithful.

SO today I'm reminded to lift up my head.  The difficulties in my life are not so great as to destroy me.  This is but a chance to love Him in the midst of a manifestation of Hell.  Something I won't be able to offer Him in heaven, so I'd better make the most of it now.

Aside:

Have you ever thought how beautiful suffering/trials can be?  After our bodies decay and stop housing our immortal souls, we run out of chances to experience the trials/sufferings of this life.  Going through the shit of daily life was so important that Jesus Himself was made perfect through the process of going through shit storms. 

A servant is not above the Master...so we probably really need a lot of those storms to take the edges off of us.   I know I do.  And I'm going to work to open my heart, lift up my gates and let the King of Glory come into my garden.

I am far far far from perfect, and far from knowing obedience.  But I'm learning and it's through the storms that I'm finding Him faithful.

"Yes I know every circumstance is a gift from you. If I should take happiness from your hand, shouldn't I take sorrow too...You took away the idol of my guilt, You're the one who saved me, from myself. Taught me how to love, to forgive the greatest debts, and the mercy you don't give...is the mercy you don't get."  -Kevin Prosch

1 comment:

  1. We worship Him in every act of obedience, every act of respect for His heart. As messed up as it sounds to the world, having hardship is like a gift, where we have the opportunity to give Him what He deserves - and in doing so, encounter Him, feel His presence in a tangible way. Clearly not easy, which is what I think makes the worship so meaningful. Good post, brother.

    ReplyDelete